Add a Yelp Widget to Your WordPress Sidebar
Yelp is a force to be reckoned with in the local-reviews space. They’re my go to place to find general opinions about restaurants in a new city, and they also have listing for other things like salons and dentists. If you’ve got a client who does any of those things, or are one of those building a WordPress for yourself, showing off your Yelp profile on your site can make a lot of sense. And it’s pretty quick and easy to do with the free Yelp Widget Pro plugin.
Here’s a video explaining how to show listings for your business on your WordPress site:
And if you prefer text:
How to Show Your Yelp Rating On Your WordPress Site
- On your WordPress site, go to “Plugins > Add New” in the sidebar. Search for “Yelp Widget Pro”. (Actually a search for “yelp” got it as the top result for me, but you can type the whole thing to make sure.)
- Install and activate the “Yelp Widget Pro” plugin.
- Go to “Appearance > Widgets”. In that area you should now have a “Yelp Widget Pro” widget available. Pull that widget into the widget area where you want it to appear.
- In the widget, edit the settings. You’ll need to select the “Business Listing” mode.
- Find the Yelp page whose results you want to showcase. Pull out the last bit of the URL, so for the URL
https://www.yelp.com/biz/casa-bonita-lakewood-2, you’ll pull out
- Paste that into the “slug” field.
- You’re set! Now people can click to your business’s Yelp profile from your website! 🙂
Add a Comment