How to Install Multiple Sites on One Hosting Account
If you recently signed up for SiteGround hosting and read the fine print, you already know that you can host multiple WordPress sites though the same hosting account! After migrating my existing site over to SiteGround, I wanted to set up a new site and put the free new domain that came with new hosting account to good use. If you’re ready to launch your new site too, here’s how to do it though SiteGround:
- Login to your existing SiteGround account.
- If you don’t already have a new domain, head over to your “Add Services” tab and register a new one. Skip this step if you’re setting up the domain you registered when you signed up for your new hosting account.
- Click the tab for “My Accounts” then select the option for “Add Installation Manually” under “Manage Account”.
- Hover over the icon for “WordPress” then click the “Install” button that appears.
- Choose your new domain from the drop down menu.
- Customize the options for your “Site Name”,” Site Description”, “Admin Username”, “Admin Password”, and “Admin Email” (i.e. [email protected]).
- Select the option to “Limit Login Attempts”.
- You can also customize the settings for your “Database Name” and “Database and Table Prefix” (optional).
- Click “Install”.
- Once WordPress has finished installing return to your “My Accounts” tab to make sure your new domain appears in your list of “Installations”.
- Confirm that your new site is active by logging in to your WordPress dashboard (usually found at yourdomain.com/wp-admin) and that’s it!
Add a Comment