How to Create a New Page on your WordPress Site
Now that you’ve got your theme and logo installed, you’re ready to start filling out your new site with content. In this quick guide, we’ll teach you how to create a new page for your site. It’s very simple, so let’s get started!
- Login to your WordPress dashboard.
- From the left-hand menu, hover over “Pages” select “Add New” from the sub-menu that appears.
- Give your new page a title.
- Add and edit your media and copy in the visual editor.
- To add photos, music, PDFs or other files select the “Add Media” button on the left above the editor, then to upload and insert your files.
- To edit the HTML and CSS of your page, switch to the “text editor” by selecting the tab that says “Text” at the top right of the visual editor.
- Edit your settings under “Page Attributes”. The content of this section is determined by your theme’s developer, so it make look different than mine. In this case, I have the option to select a “Parent” page which will pull the formatting for any pages I’ve already created. Under “Template” I have the option to select page settings that have been pre-specified by the developer. For example, this is where I’d choose if I want the page to be full-width or to include a sidebar.
- If you have any plugins already installed that may impact page you can make any necessary adjustments here. For example, if you have our Require Featured Image plugin installed, this is where you’d select the image file you want to use.
- If necessary, edit the visibility and publishing date settings for your page, then click “Publish”.
- Once your page is published, hover over “Pages” in the left sidebar, and select “All Pages” from the sub-menu that appears to make sure your new page is listed. That’s it!
Don’t forget to check back next week when we teach you how to add your new page to your site’s menu!