How to Add Pages to Your Site’s Menu
Now that you have a working design for your site and have created a few new pages of content, you’ll want to make sure your visitors can find the right information easily by adding your new pages to your menu. It’s a very easy task, so let’s get started!
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Select “All Pages” from the drop-down menu under “Pages” in the left side bar, and familiarize yourself with the titles of the pages you previously created.
- Select “Menus” from the drop-down menu under “Appearances”.
- Type a name in the “Menu Name” dialogue box (ex. “Main” or “Header”), then click “Create Menu”.
- Click the boxes for the pages you want to include in your new menu then click “Add to Menu”. Don’t forget to toggle to “View All” if you have several new pages you’re adding.
- Drag the pages in your new menu so they’re arranged in the order that you want them to appear on your site, keeping in mind that you can make a page a “Sub Item” by pulling it to the right underneath its parent item.
- Select any appropriate boxes under “Menu Settings”. Since this is my first menu, I’ll be selecting “Primary Navigation”.
- Once you’re satisfied with your menu’s settings and order, click “Save Menu”.
- Open your site in a new tab and make sure your new menu appears the way you intended (you may need to clear the cache it is doesn’t). And that’s it!