How to Add a Custom Logo to Your Site’s Header
Adding a custom logo to your site’s header is one of the very first things you’ll probably want to do after you’ve set up your site on your new host and installed a theme you like. Luckily, it’s also one of the simplest things you can do in WordPress. Here’s how to make it happen:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Select “Customize” from the drop down menu under “Appearance”.
- Select the menu option for “Header” or “Logo” settings. The options available in the customizer are not standard throughout WordPress and are determined by the theme developer. You might have to search a bit to find section in your theme that allows for customizations. Here are a couple examples of what you’re looking for:
- Once you’ve found the area that controls your header, click “Select Image”.
- Click “Select Files” to upload the image file you want to use as your header logo. Then click “Choose Image”.
- Once you have a logo that looks the way you want it to in the preview to the right, click “Save” and that’s it!
Add a Comment