How to Send Mail as Your New Domain Email Address Though Gmail
One of the most exciting parts of starting a new site is being able to give out a new email address at your new domain name. In last week’s quick guide, we taught you how to set up and forward a new email though SiteGround hosting. This week we’ll teach you how to set up your new address with Gmail so you can send mail with your new email without having to login to a separate inbox.
1. Login to your pre-existing gmail account, and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu that appears when you over over the gear icon.
2. Click “Accounts and Imports” and then “Add another email address you own”.
3. In the pop-up window, enter your name, and the new email address you want to add. Make sure to uncheck the “treat as alias” box before clicking “Next Step”.
4. Make sure you have the correct SMTP server information for your new email address. To find this, login to your SiteGround account click “My Accounts” and “Go go cPanel”. Then select the icon for “Email Accounts” under the header for “Mail”. Once there, find the new email you’re setting up and click “More” then “Configure Email Client”.
5. Scroll down to “Manual Settings”> “Secure SSL/TLS Settings” and copy the address listed next to “Incoming Server”.
6. Fill in the requested information. In this case, your username will be the new email address you’re adding, and the password will be the one you created in your cPanel (check out step 4 of How to Transfer Your Site to Siteground: Setting Up and Forwarding a New Email if your memory needs refreshing). Then click “Save Changes”.
7. That’s it! Follow Gmail’s instructions to confirm verification and you’re done!
Add a Comment