How to Add a Facebook Widget to Your Sidebar
If you’re working on a site for a business that will be doing any content marketing, you’ll probably want to highlight your Facebook stream in a major way. Here’s how to add a Facebook widget to your sidebar so you don’t miss the opportunity to grab likes and connect with new visitors.
- From the WordPress Dashboard select “Plugins”>”Add New”.
- Search for “WS Facebook Like Box Widget” and “Install Now”, then click “Activate Plugin”.
- Select “Appearance” > “Customize”.
- From the customizer screen, select the option for “Widgets”.
- From the widgets menu, select the option for “Sidebar” (or an alternative area where you’d like to insert the widget).
- Click “Add a Widget” and then search for “Facebook”.
- Select “WS Facebook Likebox”. Some themes, like the one I’m using, come with social media widgets already installed. Feel free to use a pre-installed widget if you’d prefer.
- Enter the URL for your Facebook page under “Facebook Page URL”. Adjust the settings to your liking, keeping in mind you can delete the header and un-check “Show Header” and change the size by adjusting the width and height. Then click “Save & Publish”.
- That’s it! Now it’s time to get sharing!