WordPress 4.9 Field Guide
There are lots of new things happening to WordPress in 4.9. Nothing Gutenburg-level (that waits until next year) but stuff that is useful and good and consequential. Some of the highlights:
- Changesets in the customizer can now be scheduled or saved as drafts
- There is now a Gallery Widget
- Theme Panels in the customizer are improved
- Code editing in the admin area is way nicer
- Press This (which was a silly feature for 95% or site owners) is no longer in core
I welcome all of these changes. Even the enhancements to the code editor. Because while I’d love that people just stopped using it, I can’t argue that I regularly see that people are. It’s not the best idea, but it’s better to have a better experience.
With Release Candidate 2 in the wild now, it shouldn’t be long now before it full releases.
Want More Like This?
Join our mailing list and you'll get weekly WordPress tutorials, plus news and tools from around WordPress. You'll also get a free five-day mini-course about the core concepts in WordPress![mc4wp_form]
Add a comment