I’ve been telling of a new WPShout design for a while now and it’s very nearly ready, just needing some more TLC! I hope to have the new look live on Monday when I’ll also be starting off a couple of weeks of amazing content – some really great posts are lined up. The screen above shows the homepage. A quick bit of dissection:-
- The logo is text with @font-face and text-shadow.
- Links have a super cool effect on them :)
- The large image at the top cycles through a number of posts and remains on pages too.
- The body text has some discrete text-shadow on it, helping it stand out from the background.
- Changing the background completely changes the look of the site (which Ben inspired me to do). I’ll be doing that a lot.
- It’s quite probably the best design I’ve done. Ever!
The new look will be live on Monday – I’ll post again then with some more details.
This competition then. Thanks to all who entered and offered feedback. Some points arising out of that are:
- The majority (about two thirds) want to see exciting new types of post, although the remaining third liked the list posts, so they’ll stick around.
- There was clear indication that two posts a week isn’t the end of the world.
- Screencasts don’t seem popular at all.
- You want an RSS feed! Fine. Have one. You’ll be missing out on beautiful post design though :P
The winners are Mark Marshall and Tracy Tureson (chosen randomly). You two can email me to claim your prize (within a week please!) of a theme of your choice from Gabfire. Thanks to all who entered; really helpful.